Hair plays an important role in every individual’s life, so we bring you the best hair care tips at home for hair fall, especially for youth. Lustrous hair is every woman’s dream. Hair can change a person’s look to a great extent, provided one takes good care of one’s hair. Hair loss afflicts millions of people all over the world and leaves most of them frustrated. Therefore, hair care is an essential part of everyone’s life.
Lifestyle plays an important role in your Hair Care. What you eat is what you are! Your hair care routine should include a good diet, exercise and a hair protection that shields your hair from harsh winds, dry weather and unhygienic conditions.
Combing / brushing care:
Hair is more fragile when it is wet, so avoid brushing / combing when it’s wet, otherwise it will suffer breakage; wait until your hair is almost completely dry before brushing it. Avoid using plastic brushes / combs which create static energy. Use special combs (made from animal horn / hair); it does not damage your hair.
Hot air can damage your hair; use the cool-setting when using a hairdryer. After bath, make sure your hair is completely dry; otherwise you will be inviting dandruff or fungal growth. You may dry your hair in the presence of sunlight because UV rays counteract with the yeast in your skin.
Dandruff is a kind of skin disorder that affects the scalp condition. Dandruff can cause white, dry flakes and dead skin cells on the scalp. Normally dead skin cells are shed from the scalp, but it results in dandruff only when the scalp starts flaking thick layers of these dead skin particles. Dandruff is more common among men than women and is more prevalent with people with oily skin.
Possible causes of dandruff:
1) Not brushing your hair regularly may lead to dandruff, because your scalp will not be able to shed the dead skin cells properly.
2) After puberty, hormones may be a contributory factor (Ex pcodthyroid, pregnant women, and lactating women)
3) A reaction to a type of yeast, Malassezia that lives on the skin
4) A fungal infection, either of the outer layer of the skin or deeper layers of the skin caused by fungi such as molds and yeasts.
5) Stress Stress is considered one of the most important cause of dandruff.
6) Change of season
If you have dandruff, your symptoms may mitigate during warmer months & may get worse during colder seasons; this is because the UV light from the sun is expected to counteract the yeast in your skin.
Dandruff differs from the dry scalp condition in as much as dandruff usually gets under better control when you shampoo your hair more frequently with the right shampoo.
Some people tend to think that their dandruff is caused by dryness of their scalp and that they need to deal with it by not washing their hair with shampoo or wash it less often with a belief that washing worsen their problem; this is a myth.
Some studies have suggested that a diet that is too salty, sugary or spicy and accompanied by excessive consumption of alcohol, may aggravate dandruff.
Tips For Healthy Hair:
1) Massage the scalp with warm coconut oil with tips of your figure in circular manner delicately; this is to increase blood circulation in the scalp.
2) Lemon juice has excellent anti dandruff property but never use it directly on to scalp; mix with coconut oil and apply this on to scalp. Keep it for no more than half an hour; then wash it with plain water.
3) Mustard paste can be applied on scalp; let the paste remain for 10minutes and then wash out the paste, repeat this once in 3 days for a month; this is good for dandruff.
4) Regular application of curd for 15minuts on daily bases will be an excellent but cost effective way for removal of dandruff. But this type of cooling pack may not be suitable for people who are prone to get rhinitis or common cold frequently.
5) Never apply soap to your scalp.
6) Discontinue the use of anti dandruff shampoos once dandruff has cleared, using dandruff shampoo on a clear scalp will invite heavy dandruff attack as the scalp becomes ever so dry and flaky.